The Best Ylang Ylang Essential Oils: Top 10 Brands Reviewed for 2020
The Best Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Brands
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Summary
All Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Ylang Ylang Oil is considered to be the King of the nervous system. Shown to have powerful effect on mood, anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Botanical Name: Cananga odorata var genuina
- Extracted From: Flowers
- Color: Clear – Light Yellow
- Aroma: Fresh, Floral, Sweet, Fruity
- Aroma Strength: Medium – Strong
- Benefits:Nervous System Health, Skin Health
- Beneficial For: Depression, Mood, Anxiety, Fear, Stress, Restlessness, Acne
- Uses: Massage, Aromatherapy
- Common Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Constituent Composition: Linalol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Geranial, Benzyl Acetate, Geranyl Acetate, Eugenol, Methyl Chavicol, Pinene, Beta-Caryophyllene, Farnasene
Things to Know
Also Known As
Cananga odorata var genuina
Things to note
- Ylang Ylang Complete and Ylang Ylang Extra are considered to be the two highest quality forms of Ylang Ylang oil on the market. Other Ylang oils are typically used for fragrancing and perfumery.
- Ylang Ylang Oil can cause skin irritation to individuals who have sensitive skin when topically applied.
How To Use
Ylang Ylang essential oil should be diluted prior to topical application.
- Topically – Generally a 2% Ylang Ylang oil to 30 Fl oz carrier oil dilution ratio is recommended.
- Aromatically – Can be used in a diffuser or vaporizer.