Whey Protein Powders
Top 10 Whey Protein Powders
Whey Protein Powder Rankings | Highest Rated Brands
Whey Protein Powder Summary
All Whey Protein Powder Extract Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Whey protein is one of the most popular protein powders available on the sports nutrition market and understandably so. A safe, effective, and very nutrient dense food that helps individuals meet daily dietary intake of protein.
Benefits of reaching daily required protein intake:
- Greater strength, stamina, energy, and vitality
- Increased muscle growth and mass gains
- Faster healing and muscle repair.
- Less muscle pain and soreness.
- Improved cognitive function and focus.
- Healthier skin and hair
- Stronger bones
- Better weight loss and weight management.
Protein powders derived from animal products (like whey) are naturally complete proteins and have the required nutrient make-up that your body can use to form new muscle mass. Plant-based proteins are often not a complete source of protein and are often required to be mixed with other proteins to be able to reach the same potency as whey.
Things to Know About Whey Protein Powder
Whey Protein Powder Is Also Known As
whey, whey concentrate, whey isolate, whey hydrolysate, hydrolyzed whey
Things to note about Whey Protein Powders
Athletes and healthy individuals supplement whey protein powder as another quick and healthy protein source for their diets.
Protein is needed by your body in order to rebuild tissue – especially important if you’re trying to build lean muscle mass. If you aren’t getting the right amount of protein you won’t see the results you’re expecting from all the training you’re doing.
You don’t have use whey protein as your choice of protein powder, all types of protein powders can provide the body with the right nutrients and amino acids.
- Whey is a complete protein meaning it can be used for caloric consumption.
- Find a protein powder with no additives, preservatives, or artificial sweeteners. You want to be drinking the healthiest whey protein, don’t settle even for a over-marketed brand.
- Whey protein can reduce bad cholesterol levels and lower blood pressure, only if you’re taking a clean whey protein without any fillers or artificial sweeteners.
- Whey protein is a very fasting digesting protein and can be taken 30 mins before and after exercise to jump start the recovery process to aid muscle growth and repair.
- If you’re allergic or are lactose intolerant you should avoid whey protein. A plant based protein is still a very good alternative. Pea or rice protein are good options.
How to Take Whey Protein Powders
Recommended Whey Protein Powder dosage, active amounts, other details
If you’re not sure how much protein you need, below we listed a couple a ways that you can figure out how much protein you need daily. These numbers are based from scientific research and is used by everyone tracking their macros (protein intake). Average is around 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. (ex: 150lbs equals 150g of protein daily.)
- A daily intake of 1.5-2.2g/kg bodyweight (0.68-1g/lb bodyweight) is a good goal for the more athletic types that are trying to increase muscle mass and body weight.
- A daily intake of 1.0-1.5g/kg bodyweight (0.45-0.68g/lb bodyweight) is a good goal if you’re the more athletic type that is looking to lose weight while maintaining lean muscle mass.
- A daily target of 0.8g/kg bodyweight (0.36g/lb bodyweight) is a good goal if you’re just trying to function normally and live a healthy life without an active lifestyle.