Top 10 Vitamin D Supplements
Vitamin D Rankings | Highest Rated Brands
Vitamin D Summary
All Vitamin D Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble nutrient critical for supporting your overall heath and survival. Vitamin-D is 1 of 24 micronutrients needed by your body to function at optimal capacity.
Research shows that vitamin D is associated with supporting the health cognition, immune system health, bone health, mood and the health of 36 bodily organs:
Vitamin D benefits:
- Supports your immune system health – prevents sickness and improves overall energy and well being.
- Promotes heart health – regulates healthy blood flow and promotes cardiovascular health
- Maintains cellular health – nutrients are needed by the cells without them causes cellular dysfunction
- Muscular health – promotes health strength and power output
- Promotes bone health
- Improves skin health
- Improves kidney health
- Improves brain health – boosts focus, cognitive function, memory, and attention span
- Eye health
- Preventing and treatment for Osteoporosis
- Fights and prevents cancer
- Fights depression
- Prevents Diabetes
- Seasonal Affective Disorder – mood changes, low energy, lack of motivation, fatigue, depression, hopelessness, and social withdrawal.
Deficiencies in Vitamin D can cause many systems within the body to function poorly leading to a magnitude of different health issues.
Vitamin D deficiencies can cause:
- Low immune system health – body cannot readily fight off infections
- Mood – low vitamin d can cause anxiety, depression, and overall unhappyiness.
- Poor blood sugar regulation
- Poor skin health
- and much, much more.
Vitamin D is essential to your body. Its needed in ample amounts by the cells to function optimally. Without it, the body has to compensate causing many unnecessary health issues.
Things to Know About Vitamin D
Vitamin D Is Also Known As
Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D 3) ; Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D 2)
Things to note about Vitamin D
- Vitamin D is fat soluble and is more effective when taken with food. It is recommended by health practitioners that you do take vitamin D with a meal for maximum benefits.
- Research states that Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is more effecitve than its counter part Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol).
- Vitamin D should be supplemented daily.
- Cod liver oil supplements are an excellent dietary source of vitamin D and healthly omega fatty acids.
How To Take Vitamin D
Recommended Vitamin D dosage, active amounts, other details
The recommended daily allowance for Vitamin D is currently set at 400-800IU/day.
The Tolerable Upper Intake Levels (ULs) for Vitamin D for adults is 4,000 IU/day.
Clinical research studies show that the true safe upper limit is 10,000IU/day and most health practintioners recommended atleast 5,000 UI/day.