Top 10 Tea Tree Essential Oils
Tea Tree Oil Rankings | Highest Rated Brands
Tea Tree Essential Oil Summary
All Tea Tree Essential Oil Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Tea Tree Oil is one of the most researched oils on the market with well over 300 research studies examining its beneficial properties.
- Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia
- Extracted From: Leaves
- Color: Clear – Light Yellow
- Aroma: Fresh, Woody, Earthy, Herbaceous, Medicinal
- Aroma Strength: Medium
- Benefits: Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Viral, Anti-Fungal, Skin Health, Immune System Health, Anti-septic, Respiratory Health
- Beneficial For: Acne, Fungal Infections, Athlete's Foot, Candida, Colds, Flu, Headaches, Sinus issues, Cough, Insect bites
- Uses: Massage, Aromatherapy
- Common Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Constituent Composition: Terpinene-4-ol, Gamma-Terpinene, a-Terpinene, Terpinolene, 1,8-Cineole, a-Terpineol, p-Cymeme, a-Pinene
Things to Know About Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil Is Also Known As
Things to note about Tea Tree Oil
- Avoid use of an oxidized Tea tree oil. Store with care to avoid oxidization.
How To Use Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea Tree essential oil should be diluted prior to topical application.
- Topically – Generally a 2% Tea Tree oil to 30 Fl oz carrier oil dilution ratio is recommended. Experts say that tea tree oil does not have to be diluted prior to topical application. However its best to follow regular essential oil protocol.
- Aromatically – Can be used in a diffuser or vaporizer.