Advertiser Disclosure: Onlinestrength.com has an affiliate relationship with some offers on this page & is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, if you buy something, we may get a cut of the sales.
The Best Spirulina Brands – 2020 Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
Best Spirulina Supplement Brands
Onlinestrength analyzed 10 best-selling Spirulina supplements in the United States, recording total spirulina content and heavy metal (arsenic, cadmium, lead, mercury) contamination.
Supplements that containe low quality ingredients or controversial binders, artificial coloring agents, and/or preservatives were penalized and received lower rankings.
All Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Spirulina is a blue-green algae said to be a necessity for building healthy and strong body.
Spirulina naturally contains high levels of various B vitamins, beta-carotene, other carotenoids, and essential minerals, including calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, and zinc.
- Powerful antioxidant that helps the body eliminate harmful free radicals improving skin and hair quality, and decreasing chance of illness greatly.
- Detoxes heavy metals from the body.
- Helps Prevent Cancer
- Nutrient rich – Vital micro nutrients that improve your overall health.
- Enhance energy performance
- Encourages lean muscle growth and fat loss
Things to Know
Also Known As
Things to note
- The B12 in spirulina has low bio availability and should not be used as B12 supplement.
How to Take
Recommended dosage, active amounts, other details
Spirulina dosages: 1 to 8.4 g daily.
- Cholesterol benefits – 1-8 g per day.
- Muscle performance – 2 – 7.5 grams per day.
- Blood glucose control – 2 g per day
- Blood pressure may be affected at doses of 3.5-4.5 g per day
- Effects for fatty liver have been seen at doses of 4.5 g per day