The Best Saw Palmetto Supplements
1. Gaia Herbs Saw Palmetto
Gaia Herbs Saw Palmetto is made by the well known brand Gaia Herbs. This brand does a good job at bringing quality and effectiveness into one trusted capsule. You can find this supplement brand in a lot of stores across the USA, signalling the brands growth in the last couple of years.
- Dosages are on par with successful human clinical research
- Vegetable cellulose (capsule) instead of gelatin
- Good potency made with quality ingredients.
- Can be more available then most other brands on the market.
- Product Type: Liquid Phyto-Capsule
- Serving Size: 2 capsules
- Dosage/Serving: 376 mg saw palmetto
- Ingredients: Saw Palmetto, Vegan capsule (hypromellose)
2. Oregon’s Wild Harvest Saw Palmetto
If you’re looking for quality, this brand does a great job providing organic supplements to the USA market. Oregon’s Wild Harvest has grown in the past few years into a full fledged supplement competitor.
- Non-GMO bovine gelatin capsules
- Certified Organic Saw Palmetto berry grown in the USA
- Free of excipients and stearates
- Manufactured in the USA
Recent product and ingredients changes made a few customers upset. The ingredient formula used to be 100% vegetarian. Recently the brand has changed most of their supplements to a non-GMO bovine gelatin capsule.
3. Herb Pharm Saw Palmetto
Made by one of the fastest growing brands in the supplement industry. Herb Pharm can be found in many health food stores across America. They are mostly known for their tinctures, but they do also make capsuled supplements too. Herb Pharm Saw Palmetto has a good clean ingredient profile with effective dosages.
- 190 mg of saw palmetto per serving
- 160 mg of fatty acids per serving
- Trusted brand that can be found in most retail stores.
The only real down side of this brand is their capsule variations of their supplements are hard to come by in most cases. If you walk to your nearest WholeFoods, you’ll most likely notice only their tinctures on the shelves. UPDATE: This brand no longer makes the capsule variations.
4. Pure Encapsulations Saw Palmetto 320
Pure Encapsulations Saw Palmetto 320 is always a good choice for users looking for that serious brand that stays up to date with supplement dosages and effectiveness.
- 320 mg of saw palmetto extract and totaled 85% fatty acids per serving
- Trusted brand
- other ingredients: gelatin capsule (gelatin, glycerin, water)
Saw palmetto is not the most popular herbal supplement on the market. It can be a little difficult to find trusted brands who are putting resources into making good saw palmetto products. Those that do tend not to be so readily available.
5. Solaray Saw Palmetto Berry Extract
Solaray Saw Palmetto Berry Extract is a good choice for customers looking for a product with 160 mg of saw palmetto extract. Not many brands offer a small but potent dosage like this one.
- 160 mg of saw palmetto (serenoa repens) (berry oil) extract and totaled 136 mg 85% fatty acids per serving
- Gelatin based softgels
Good brand with many years of experience behind them. Are only real issue with this supplement is the gelatin based softgels and the plastic container. Aside from these two issues, this product can be a good alternative to our top choice.
6. NOW Foods Saw Palmetto Extract
NOW Foods Saw Palmetto Extract are an okay option when it comes to quality and effectiveness. However even though it has what it takes to be effective, many customers have an issue with the ‘other’ ingredients in the formula, specifically, carrageenan.
- Halal, Kosher, Non-GMO
- 320 mg of saw palmetto (serenoa repens) extract and totaled 80-90% fatty acids per serving.
The brand throws in a small amount of pumpkin seed oil into the capsules which may or may not be something you are looking for. Overall it does have what it takes to be a good cost effective saw palmetto extract. On top of that its a brand that is widely available and can often be found in most vitamin stores.
7. Source Naturals Saw Palmetto Extract
Source Naturals Saw Palmetto Extract is made by a brand that been around for many years. It has the trust of its customers and this saw palmetto extract is perfect for customers who are fans of the brand.
- 320 mg of saw palmetto (serenoa repens) extract and totaled 272 mg – 374 mg (85-95%) fatty acids per serving.
- Hexane-free extraction
- Contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, corn, soy or wheat
- Other Ingredients: olive oil, gelatin, glycerin, purified water, carob, and caramel.
Our main issues with this supplement when compared to the top ranking saw palmetto supplement is the presence of these ‘other ingredients’ – carob, and caramel – which some quality sticklers do not like to see in their supplement.
8. Bluebonnet Saw Palmetto Berry Extract
Bluebonnet Saw Palmetto Berry Extract has basically everything you could ask for in a saw palmetto supplement. The brand is well known although it can go unnoticed by most people because the brand doesn’t advertise much.
- recorded 320 mg of saw palmetto (serenoa repens) extract and totaled 272 mg – 374 mg (85-95%) fatty acids per serving.
- Sustainably Wildcrafted
- Free of corn and gluten
- Other Ingredients: Gelatin, glycerin, water, extra virgin olive oil.
One of the few brands to give customers an option for a glass container. As you can tell by the list here, not many brands are willing to spend the extra money to put their supplements into glass bottles.
9. Jarrow Formulas Saw Palmetto
Jarrow Formulas is a good tried and true brand that has been around for many years. Their Saw Palmetto is an affordable supplement option .
- recorded 320 mg of saw palmetto (serenoa repens) extract and totaled 85-95% fatty acids per serving.
- No wheat, no gluten
- Cheaper than most brands
Who Makes It?
Jarrow Formulas Saw Palmetto is made by a brand that has many years under it’s belt. The affordable pricing makes it a market leader for those seeking a bargain.
10. Nature’s Origin Saw Palmetto Extract
Nature’s Origin’s seems to have ditched the supplement idea and moved into the essential oil business. This product was okay while it was around. Its effectiveness and ingredient profile both struggled during our rating process.
- 250 mg of saw palmetto (serenoa repens) extract and totaled 10 mg fatty acids per serving.
Who Makes It?
The brand falls short when it comes to execution. A big named supplement store produced this ‘off’ brand. It had some initial success but soon fell off. No real reason to choose this brand over some of the higher ranked products.