The Best Psyllium Husk: Top 10 Brands Reviewed for 2020
Best Psyllium Husk Supplement Brands
All Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Psyllium husk is a fiber that comes from the plant Plantago ovata that is native to India. Psyllium husks are water soluble and form into a gel like substance (similar to chia seeds). Psyllium husk supplementation is mainly used to help treat constipation in a natural way.
Psyllium contains high amounts of both fiber and mucilage. The husks swell in size when they are in contact with water which keeps feces hydrated and soft allowing for easier bowel movement.
Other psyllium husk supplementation benefits:
- Relieves constipation
- May help relieve symptoms associated with diverticular disease
- Lowers LDL (“bad”) cholesterol.
- Helps treat diarrhea symptoms.
- Weight loss and appetite control
Things to Know
Also Known As
Psyllium Fiber, Plantago ovate, Indian Plantago, Pale Psyllium, Blonde Psyllium
Things to note
- Psyllium husk is a common ingredient in many over the counter laxatives due to its ability to relieve constipation.
How To Take
Recommended dosage, active amounts, other details
Standard daily dose of Psyllium Husk : 3,000 mg – 6,000 mg of psyllium taken daily with water (atleast 8 ounces).