Top 10 Psyllium Husk Supplements
Psyllium Husk Rankings | Highest Rated Brands
Psyllium Husk Summary
All Psyllium Husk Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Psyllium husk is a fiber that comes from the plant Plantago ovata that is native to India. Psyllium husks are water soluble and form into a gel like substance (similar to chia seeds). Psyllium husk supplementation is mainly used to help treat constipation in a natural way.
Psyllium contains high amounts of both fiber and mucilage. The husks swell in size when they are in contact with water which keeps feces hydrated and soft allowing for easier bowel movement.
Other psyllium husk supplementation benefits:
- Relieves constipation
- May help relieve symptoms associated with diverticular disease
- Lowers LDL (“bad”) cholesterol.
- Helps treat diarrhea symptoms.
- Weight loss and appetite control
Things to Know About Psyllium Husk
Psyllium Husk Is Also Known As
Psyllium Fiber, Plantago ovate, Indian Plantago, Pale Psyllium, Blonde Psyllium
Things to note about Psyllium Husk
- Psyllium husk is a common ingredient in many over the counter laxatives due to its ability to relieve constipation.
How To Take Psyllium Husk
Recommended Psyllium Husk dosage, active amounts, other details
Standard daily dose of Psyllium Husk : 3,000 mg – 6,000 mg of psyllium taken daily with water (atleast 8 ounces).