Top 10 Lemon Essential Oils
Lemon Oil Rankings | Highest Rated Brands
Lemon Essential Oil Summary
All Lemon Essential Oil Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Lemon Essential Oil is recognized for its powerful anti-inflammatory and detoxification properties. Lemon oil is energizing and uplifting, its aroma is said to alleviate stress, tension, and anxiety.
- Botanical Name: Citrus limon
- Extracted From: Lemon Rind (Peel)
- Color: Light Yellow – Dark Yellow
- Aroma: Fresh, Lemony
- Aroma Strength: Strong
- Benefits: Anti-Fungal, Circulation, Anti-spasmodics, Digestive Health, Liver Health, Immune System
- Beneficial For: Energy, Mood, Fever Reducer, Sore Throat, Detoxification, Insomnia, Anxiety, Stress, Tension, Insect Bites, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis, Congestion, Cellulitis, Obesity, Swelling, Inflammation, Varicose Veins
- Uses: Massage, Aromatherapy
- Common Extraction Method: Cold Pressed/Expressed
- Constituent Composition: Limonene, B-Pinene, Gamma-Terpinene, a-Terpineol, a-Pinene, Geranial
Things to Know About Lemon Oil
Lemon Oil Is Also Known As
Things to note about Lemon Oil
- Lemon oil is phototoxic and can cause skin irritations when exposed to Ultraviolet UVA light (aka sunlight)
- Do not use Lemon oil if let to oxidize.
- Lemon oil's aroma can be used to clear a room of harsh smells such as cigarette smoke
How To Use Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil should be diluted prior to topical application.
- Topically – Generally a 2% Lemon oil to 30 Fl oz carrier oil dilution ratio is recommended.
- Aromatically – Can be used in a diffuser or vaporizer.