Top 10 Grapefruit Seed Extract Supplements
Grapefruit Seed Extract Rankings | Highest Rated Brands
Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) Summary
All GSE Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Grapefruit seed extract is a liquid substance that is taken from the seeds and pulp of grapefruit. While little research exists to confirm the benefits of this supplement, there is some evidence of its use for treating gastrointestinal discomfort and urinary tract infections.
Further research must be conducted to determine the true effectiveness of grapefruit seed extract, but preliminary studies show promising results for its antibacterial and antifungal functions.
Potential Grapefruit Seed Extract Benefits:
- Antifungal and antibacterial properties
- Improves symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- May reduce symptoms of urinary tract infection and candidiasis (yeast infection)
Things To Know About Grapefruit Seed Extract
GSE Is Also Known As
Citrus Seed Extract
Things To Note About GSE
- GSE should not be confused with grape seed extract.
- Some supplements have been combined with chemicals in the past to induce the antimicrobial effects of the extract. When taken in large doses, these chemicals may be harmful to health. Such chemical addition is currently less common, but labels should be checked for benzothonium chloride and triclosan when purchasing a supplement.
How To Take Grapefruit Seed Extract
Recommended GSE Dosage, Active Amounts, Other Details
- Grapefruit Seed Extract is available as both a capsule/tablet and as a liquid. There is no confirmed standard for this supplement, so dosing is based on typical use in clinical studies.
- Typical dosage with liquid is 10-12 drops in water taken 1-3 times daily
- Tablets and capsules use a typical dose of 100-200mg taken 1-3 times daily