Frankincense Essential Oils
The Best Frankincense Essential Oil Brands
Frankincense Essential Oil is known as the most popular essential oil in the world. May improve overall well-being, mood, reduce anxiety, and aid respiratory and joint health.
- Botanical Name: Boswellia carterii
- Extracted From: Resin
- Color: Light Yellow
- Aroma: Woody, Fresh, Balsamic, Fruity, Slightly Spicy
- Aroma Strength: Mild – Medium
- Benefits: Skin Health, Respiratory System, Nervous System, Respiratory Health, Muscles and Joints,
- Beneficial For: Anxiety, Mood, Depression, Muscle Soreness, Joint Pain, Burns, Cuts, Scars, Stretch Marks, Colds, Flu, Cough, Stress, Inflammation
- Uses: Massage, Aromatherapy
- Common Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Constituent Composition: a-Pinenea-Phellandrene, Limonene, B-Myrcene, B-Pinene, B-Caryophyllene, p-Cymene, Terpinen-4-ol, Verbenone, Sabinene, Linalool
Things to Know
Also Known As
Boswellia carterii, Olibanum
Things to note
- Frankincense has an aroma that is said to be grounding, calming, and soothing.
- Frankincense oil can oxidize. Leaving your oil out without proper storage can cause your oil to lose all of its beneficial properties and may cause skin irritation when used.
How To Use
Frankincense essential oil should be diluted prior to topical application.
- Topically – Generally a 2% Frankincense oil to 30 Fl oz carrier oil dilution ratio is recommended.
- Aromatically – Can be used in a diffuser or vaporizer.
10 best frankincense essential oils
- Ancient Apothecary Frankincense Trinity Oil
- Plant Therapy Organic Frankincense Essential Oil
- doTERRA Frankincense Essential Oil
- Young Living Frankincense Essential Oil
- Now Foods Pure Frankincense Oil
- Aura Cacia Frankincense Oil
- Edens Garden 100% Pure Frankincense Essential Oil
- Plant Guru Frankincense Oil
- Healing Solutions Frankincense
- Mystic Moments Frankincense Essential Oil