Top 10 Coconut Oil Supplements
Coconut Oil Rankings | Highest Rated Brands
Coconut Oil Summary
All Coconut Oil Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Coconut oil is extracted from Cocos nucifera, also known as the coconut. Coconut oil is made up of 90% saturated fats, most of which are medium chain triglycerides. The body burns these MCTs fairly quickly and is able to produce it into energy rather than accumulating into fat tissue.
Coconut oil is most made up of these 3 medium-chain fatty acids:
- Caprylic acid
- Lauric acid
- Capric acid
Research shows that the saturated fat found in coconut oil is not as damaging as other saturated fats found in processed foods or those found in animal products.
To date, there are over 1,000 research studies conducted on coconut oil proving that its one of the healthiest sources of fats on the planet.
Coconut oil is:
- Easier on the digestive system
- Utilized as an energy source fairly quickly
- Doesn't accumulate into fat tissue like most other fats.
- Processed by the liver to deliver immediate energy instead of accumulating as fat
According to several of these medical studies coconut oil benefits the body in these ways::
- Balances hormones
- Improves digestion
- Increases energy
- Improves HDL and lowers LDL cholesterol
- Balances blood sugar levels
- Provides sustained energy
- Relieves constipation
- Treats Alzheimer's
- Cardiovascular support
- Fights kidney infections
- Reduces inflammation in the joins
- Supports arthritis and muscle pain
- Boosts immune system health
- Boosts memory
- Improves brain function
- Increases endurance
- Moisturizes skin
- Fights bad breath and tooth decay
Things to Know About Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil Is Also Known As
Things to note about Coconut Oil
- Unrefined and cold pressed coconut oil is best if you're looking for the healthiest form of coconut oil. Refined coconut oil is best used for cooking as the burn tempature is much higher.
- Refined coconut oil is produce on a massive scale and is often chemically treated, bleached, and over-heated, potentially eliminating all health benefits.
How To Take Coconut Oil
Recommended Coconut Oil dosage, active amounts, other details
There is no exact dosage of Coconut oil that you should take.
Research does show that 8 g – 15 g of coconut oil does provide your diet with 5 g – 10 g medium chain triglycerides a good range for maximum health benefits.