Advertiser Disclosure: Onlinestrength.com has an affiliate relationship with some offers on this page & is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, if you buy something, we may get a cut of the sales.
Citronella Essential Oils
Top 10 Citronella Essential Oils
Citronella Oil Rankings | Highest Rated Brands
Citronella Essential Oil Summary
All Citronella Essential Oil Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Citronella Essential Oil is known for being one of the most versatile essential oils. This oil may help to sooth anxiety, boost energy, improve focus, and fight the common cold.
- Botanical Name: Cymbopogon nardus, Cymbopogon winterianus
- Extracted From: Grass
- Color: Clear
- Aroma: Citrusy, Fresh, Sweet
- Aroma Strength: Medium
- Benefits: Skin conditioner, Perspiration, Fatigue, Oily Skin, Flu, Colds, Anti-fungal
- Beneficial For: Improving skin quality, Energy, Focus, Perspiration, Headaches, Fever, Anxiety
- Uses: Massage, Aromatherapy, Insect repellent
- Common Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Constituent Composition: Citronellal Geranoil, Citronellol, Limonene, Methyl isoeugenol, Champhene, Citronellyl acetate
Things to Know About Citronella Oil
Citronella Oil Is Also Known As
Cymbopogon nardus, Cymbopogon winterianus
Things to note about Citronella Oil
- Citronella is known for being one of the most common and well known oils.
- Citronella Essential Oil is known for being a great insect repellent.
How To Use Citronella Essential Oil
Citronella essential oil should be diluted prior to topical application.
- Topically – Generally a 2% Citronella oil to 30 Fl oz carrier oil dilution ratio is recommended.
- Aromatically – Can be used in a diffuser or vaporizer.