Top 10 Chondroitin Sulfate Supplements
Chondroitin Sulfate Rankings | Highest Rated Brands
Chondroitin Sulfate Summary
All Chondroitin Sulfate Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Chondroitin Sulfate is a component of cartilage that is composed of glycosaminoglycans. It is naturally produced by the body, but supplementing with chondroitin sulfate can aid in healing diseases and injuries that affect cartilage function.
The primary use for chondroitin sulfate is to reduce the symptoms of osteoarthritis. Studies have found that getting injections of chondroitin or taking oral supplements significantly reduces the complications from osteoarthritis.
Since chondroitin sulfate is associated with proper collagen fibril formation, this supplement is also used to improve the healing of tendons and ligaments, and potentially reduce risk of atherosclerosis. Further research must be conducted to confirm these claims, but preliminary studies show promising results.
Chondroitin Sulfate Benefits:
- Improves symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Enhances healing of certain sports injuries (sprains, strains, etc.)
- May prevent atherosclerosis
- May reduce risk of heart attack
- Sometimes used to lower cholesterol
Things To Know About Chondroitin Sulfate
Chondroitin Sulfate Is Also Known As
Things To Note About Chondroitin Sulfate
- Chondroitin may have a slight blood-thinning effect, and should be used with discretion in combination with anticoagulants such as warfarin and heparin.
- Chondroitin is sometimes combined with a glucosamine supplement in order to enhance its effects. Research is still being conducted to determine whether combined treatment is better than taking chondroitin by itself.
How To Take Chondroitin Sulfate
Recommended Chondroitin Sulfate Dosage, Active Amounts, Other Details
- Standard dosage is 400mg taken three times daily (1200mg total daily)