Advertiser Disclosure: Onlinestrength.com has an affiliate relationship with some offers on this page & is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, if you buy something, we may get a cut of the sales.
The Best Basil Essential Oils Brands – 2020 Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
The Best Basil Essential Oil Brands
All Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Basil Essential Oil (Ocimum basilicum) is known for its energizing and mental boosting properties, improving focus, concentration, and alertness. is well known for its mucous membrane irritant reducing properties. Basil oil is said to be anti-bacterial/anti-viral and is often used to help combat the effects of colds/flues.
- Botanical Name: Ocimum basilicum<
- Extracted From: Leaves and Flowers/Buds
- Color: Clear
- Aroma: Sweet, Herbaceous, Earthy, Slightly Spicy, Warm, Licorice-like
- Aroma Strength: Medium
- Benefits: Anti-bacterial/Anti-viral, Indigestion, Constipation, Colds, Coughs, Fatigue, Exhaustion, Gas, Mental Fatigue, Depression, Bronchitis, Congestion, Muscle Aches, Migraines, Gout
- Beneficial For: Boosting alertness, improving mental concentration, meditation, yoga, studying, energy, fighting colds, mind clearing, digestive issues
- Uses: Perfumes, Insect repellent, aromatherapy
- Common Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Constituent Composition: Linalool, Fenchol, Eugenol, Methyl chavicol, Beta-Caryophyllene
Things to Know
Also Known As
Ocimum basilicum, Sweet Basil
Things to note
- Basil Oil has a dominating aorma and will take over when blended with other oils. To avoid this be sure to use less basil oil in your mix.
- Avoid Basil Essential Oils when nursing or during pregnancy.
How To Use
Basil essential oil should be diluted prior to any topical applications.
- Internally – FDA considers basil oil safe to use internally. We would suggest that you only use organic, very high quality oils when taking them internally.
- Topically – Basil oil should be diluted in a carrier oil before applying to your skin.
- Aromatically – Can be used in a diffuser or vaporizer.