Top 10 Amyris Essential Oils
Amyris Oil Rankings | Highest Rated Brands
Amyris Essential Oil Summary
All Amyris Essential Oil Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Amyris Oil (Amyris balsamifera) is well known for its uplifting properties, shown to enhance imagination, boost creativity reduce stress, slow aging, relieve muscle tension, and alleviate anxiety.
- Botanical Name: Amyris balsamifera
- Extracted From: Wood, bark
- Color: Yellow, yellowish-brown
- Aroma: Warm, woody, earthy. Undertones of wood and vanilla.
- Aroma Strength: Mild
- Benefits: Relieves anxiety, reduces stress, relieves muscle tension, improves creativity, boosts imagination
- Beneficial For: Yoga, writing, artistry, meditation, musical practice, focusing
- Uses: Soaps, perfumes, creams, incense, candles, baths, saunas, aromatherapy, & as a fixative oil.
- Common Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Constituent Composition: Valerianol, a-Eudesmol, Gamma-Eudesmol, Beta-eudesmol, Elemol
Things to Know About Amyris Oil
Amyris Oil Is Also Known As
Amyris balsamifera, West Indian sandalwood
Things to note about Amyris Oil
- Amyris is said to be an aphrodisiac, helping with sexual tension.
- Amyris oil can be applied topically after being diluted with a carrier oil.
“What ingredients should be in my amyris essential oil?”
Typically you'll want to purchase an oil that only contains the ingredient Amyris.
“Why can't I find an organic Amyris oil?”
Crafting organic oils is expensive. Amyris is a rare and not as widely known as some of the other oils. This causes brands to focus their organic efforts on oils that will sell faster.
“Do I have to dilute my Amyris oil?”
Yes. Amyris oil should be diluted with a carrier oil before being applied topically.
How To Use Amyris Essential Oil
Amyris essential oil requires dilution with a carrier prior to topical application.
- Works very well for therapeutic massages
- Not intended for oral ingestion
A couple drops is plenty for most oil burner or diffusers
- Massage aromatherapy – 1 – 10 mL of amyris essential oil can be added to 25 mL of a carrier oil like olive, coconut or jojoba oil.
- Aromatic – Diffuse three to four drops if any diffuser of your choice.