Not all protein is created equal. Here is a list of the top 10 best whey protein powders available on the market today.
Top 10 Whey Protein Powders – Best for 2015
#10 – GAT Supertein
- Used by Arnold Classic 1st Place Winner Sadik Hadzovic
- Used by a multitude of the worlds best bodybuilders
- High quality protein that promotes optimal muscle growth
- Voted Best Whey Protein for Bodybuilders
- Supplementation is very enjoyable – Easy to mix and taste amazing.
- Highest quality and finest raw ingredients – best whey protein for weight loss
- Made using cold-processed microfiltration to keep protein safe and nutrient dense
- USDA Organic Certification – Free of all steroids & hormones
- Pure, organic whey protein
- Soy-Free and Gluten-Free
#8 – BPI Sports Whey HD
- Taste is very good and one of the best tasting protein powders
- Mixes extremely well & easy to drink
- Promotes optimal muscle growth
- Decreases muscle soreness and improves recovery
- Easy to digest and easy on the stomach
#7 – MusclePharm Hardcore Diesel
- Promotes optimal muscle growth and recovery
- High quality nutrient profile for maximum gains
- Marketed towards the most hardcore of athletes
- Dissolves very easily, no lumps
- Awesome taste and superb mix-ability
#6 – Core Nutritionals Core ISO
- Awesome at increasing recovery and reducing muscle soreness
- Made with the highest quality ingredients
- Promotes muscle growth and recovery
- Top-tier taste and mix-ability
- Easy to digest and very effective for building lean muscle
#5 – JYM Pro JYM
- Science back ingredient formula
- Dissolves and mixes easily & great taste
- Ingredient formula is solid with no fillers
- Digests really easily. Great for either right before a work out or right after.
- Fitness community has a huge respect for the JYM brand
#4 – MusclePharm Combat Powder
- Thousands of positive user reviews
- Taste is on point, mix ability is great, no clumping
- Very good price for a protein blend.
- Zero carb and zero sugar
- Trickle feed effect that feeds muscles for up to 8 hours
#3 – Cellucor COR-Performance Whey
- 24g of protein per serving
- Great nutrient profile
- Provides optimal effectiveness
- Tastes amazing in anything and mixes perfectly
- Premium quality – Used by a majority of fitness athletes
#2 – Dymatize ISO-100
- Voted #1 best tasting protein powder
- Mixes great without clumping
- Used by a lot of professional athletes
- A ton of positive user reviews
- Strong and very crediable brand
#1 – Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey
- Supports optimal muscle growth, recovery, and strength gains
- Superb mix-ability – No Clumps
- Vote #1 most satisfying protein
- Made from the highest quality ingredients. Overall great protein powder.
- Best selling protein powder – 10000s+ positive user feedback
Whey protein powder is the #1 most recommend supplement for for athletes and is also necessary if you want to see results as fast as possible.
Taking the right whey protein can make all the difference in:
- Increasing strength (Lift more weight, more raw man strength)
- Decreasing muscle soreness
- Improving recovery
- Increasing workout capacity (bench press more weight, do more pull-ups)
- Building more lean muscle mass and burning fat
Taking the absolute best whey protein can set you up for massive success.
First, you’re already amazing for realizing you may need to start supplementing protein. Not everyone is this smart, most men (and women) fail here. You can usually point these guys out at the gym, they look the exact same since you last saw them 3 years ago.
Just to review, whey protein is the perfect food for building muscle, increasing strength, leaning out, and supporting good health. Its enormously beneficial for its extremely quick digestive rate, and its high levels of branched-chain amino acids (nutrients required to improve recovery, reduce soreness, build muscle.)
Related:Best Whey Protein Powder
The main reason why whey protein is so popular, aside from just a great source of protein, is how quickly it can be digested by your body. Numerous studies have shown that having the ability to fuel your muscles with quick absorbing protein during key periods of time is very important for optimal muscle growth.
Whey protein powder is by far the most effective form of protein our there. There is no other protein powder source that is as quick and easily digested as whey. (Sorry to guys who are lactose intolerant 🙁 )
Unfortunately, not all whey protein is created equal. And with thousands of protein powders on the market it’s hard to know which one to choose without wasting hundreds of dollars testing them yourself.
With no other place for athletes to go and find the absolute best whey protein, we wanted to put an end to that.
The onlinestrength team researched diligently for countless hours studying whey protein products over the course of several months. And with the new set of knowledge acquired, this article was created.
We went by a very rigid and specific review methodology that brought our list from 700+ protein powder supplements down to the top 10. If your protein powder is missing from our list of 10, it is most likely because it didn’t meet the requirements set forth without our review methodology.
If you think that there has been a mistake, please let us know by tweeting @onstrength and we will fix the mistake and update our review!
How to take whey protein for best results
If you are looking to really use your new protein as best as possible.. listen closely.
Consume 1 serving of whey protein within 30 minutes of your workouts. Whey protein digests really quickly so don’t worry about bloating or working out on a full stomach. This method will give your muscles optimal fuel to workout harder and kick start the recovery process.
Following every workout consume 1 serving 30 minutes after a training session. This is the time where your muscles are begging for nutrients. This will boost muscle recovery, encourage muscle growth, reduce muscle soreness, and blunt fatigue. If you fail to feed your muscles don’t expect any fast results.
Finally. you may consider taking 1 scoop when you first wake up and 1 scoop before you go to bed to really maximize the benefits whey protein has to offer your body.
You may drink as many shakes as you wish as long as you are hitting your daily required amount of protein to grow. But then the question comes up How much protein do i need?
How much protein do I need?
This is a question that everyone single person on planet earth should know. Research shows that 1 – 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight is the ideal range for a healthy fit individual.
So if you weigh 100 pounds, you better be eating around 100 – 150 grams of protein daily.
Some individuals do better with 2 – 3 grams of protein per body weight. You’ll have to experiment. Test both ways and see how your body responds to more protein. Cut back or add as needed.
Here is a comprehensive breakdown:
- A daily intake of 1.5-2.2g/kg bodyweight (0.68-1g/lb bodyweight) is a good goal for the more athletic types that are trying to increase muscle mass and body weight.
- A daily intake of 1.0-1.5g/kg bodyweight (0.45-0.68g/lb bodyweight) is a good goal if you’re the more athletic type that is looking to lose weight while maintaining lean muscle mass.
- A daily target of 0.8g/kg bodyweight (0.36g/lb bodyweight) is a good goal if you’re just trying to function normally and live a healthy life without an active lifestyle.
Whey protein powder can help you a healthier, better looking body. But, of course it still takes a tremendous amount of effort and dedication.
Most people are just too lazy to do what it takes to have an awesome looking body.
Having a good looking body shows willpower, dedication, and commitment. Many more opportunities arise when you look good. More relationships, more jobs, more energy, the list goes on.
It may sound egotistical but its the truth. Humans judge each other and first impressions last a lifetime.
We know you have what it takes. You won’t be known as that lazy guy who procrastinates and makes excuses about why being fit is just too hard.
We have close to a hundred hours of research invested into whey protein and have laid out everything you need right here. There is no reason for you not to take advantage of this straight away.
Get immediate access to the highest quality proteins and start reaping the rewards today.
Faster muscle repair, less muscle soreness, increased workout capacity, less hunger pains, more fat loss, more muscle gains. Its all within reach. Its time for you to get serious.
We are asking you, take a chance on whey protein, you won’t regret your decision.
If you need additional help, maybe some motivation or inspiration, please let us know by tweeting @onstrength