Top 10 Tocotrienols Supplements
Tocotrienols Rankings | Highest Rated Brands
All Tocotrienols Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Tocotrienols represent one of the two categories of vitamin-E molecules. They are antioxidants, which prevents the accumulation of free radicals in the body. It has also been suggested that tocotrienols help maintain cardiovascular health and prevent atherosclerosis.
Some studies suggest that tocotrienols can reduce cholesterol levels in the blood, but further research is needed to confirm this claim. Additionally, tocotrienol supplementation has been used in the elderly to help reduce the risk of bone fractures and protect the body during aging. Preliminary research found that tocotrienols may protect against cognitive diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s, but this claim has yet to be verified.
- Antioxidant properties
- Protection during aging
- May protect against heart disease
- May reduce cholesterol levels
- May prevent Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases
Things To Know About Tocotrienols
Tocotrienols Are Also Known As
- The group of tocotrienols contains several isomers, so the molecule may also be referred to specifically as alpha-, beta-, gamma-, or delta-tocotrienol.
Things To Note About Tocotrienols
- Vitamin E enhances the effects of certain anticoagulants such as Warfarin. Consumption of tocotrienols should therefore be monitored if also taking anticoagulants.
How To Take Tocotrienols
Recommended Tocotrienols Dosage, Active Amounts, Other Details
- Daily doses range from 140-360mg
- Studies typically used doses of 200mg per day