Top 10 Thyme Essential Oils
Thyme Oil Rankings | Highest Rated Brands
Thyme Essential Oil Summary
All Thyme Essential Oil Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Thyme Oil considered one of the very few oils that have the potential to combat MRSA. Known for its potent anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
- Botanical Name: Thymus vulgaris, Thymus zygis
- Extracted From: Leaves, Flowers, Buds
- Color: Light Yellow
- Aroma: Fresh, Herbaceous, Medicinal
- Aroma Strength: Medium – Strong
- Benefits: Immune System Health, Anti-septic, Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Viral, Respiratory Health, Skin Health, Anti-Inflammatory, Joint and Muscle
- Beneficial For: MRSA, Joint Pain, Colds, Flu, Muscle Pain, Sore Throat, General Health
- Uses: Massage, Aromatherapy
- Common Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Constituent Composition: p-Cymene, Carvacrol, Terpinene, B-Caryophyllene, Linalool, Terpinene
Things to Know About Thyme
Thyme Is Also Known As
Thymus vulgaris, Thymus zygis
Things to note about Thyme
- Thyme oil is potent and should be diluted with care. Avoid oxidization.
How To Use Thyme Essential Oil
Thyme essential oil should be diluted prior to topical application.
- Topically – Generally a 2% Thyme oil to 30 Fl oz carrier oil dilution ratio is recommended.
- Aromatically – Can be used in a diffuser or vaporizer.