Top 10 Rated Pregnenolone Supplement Brands
All Pregnenolone Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Pregnenolone is molecule produced by cholesterol that gives rise to all of the steroid hormones in the body, such as testosterone and progesterone. It is known that these hormone levels decrease with age, and therefore pregnenolone is used as an attempt to protect the body from this decline. Additionally, pregnenolone has been used by women to help with symptoms related to endometriosis and menopause.
Since pregnenolone is found in high concentrations in nervous tissue, studies have suggested that it may be helpful to improve mood and memory, as well as reduce fatigue and stress. Early research also suggests that pregnenolone may improve symptoms of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases. However, the evidence for these claims is not yet strong, and further research must be conducted to confirm them.
- Helps to balance steroid hormone levels
- Protects against hormone decline during aging
- May improve mood and memory
- May reduce stress and fatigue
- Potential benefits to improve Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease
Things To Know About Pregnenolone
Things To Note About Pregnenolone
- Pregnenolone should not be confused as being the other steroid hormones, particularly progesterone. It is a precursor to these hormones, and therefore should be taken with caution so has not to cause harmful effects on the endocrine system.
- Since this supplement affects hormones, a physician should be consulted especially if taking hormone-regulating drugs like birth control.
- Pregnenolone may potentially reduce the effectiveness of benzodiazepines such as Valium, and therefore a physician should also be consulted before starting pregnenolone if taking them.
How To Take Pregnenolone
Recommended Pregnenolone Dosage, Active Amounts, Other Details
- Typical dosage of pregnenolone is 10-30mg taken daily