Top 10 Rated Peppermint Essential Oil Brands
Peppermint Essential Oil Summary
All Peppermint Essential Oil Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Peppermint Essential Oil is known for its stimulating aroma. May help improve alertness, stamina, focus, and energy. Should not be used prior to bed time.
- Botanical Name: Mentha piperita
- Extracted From: Leaves, Flowers, Buds
- Color: Clear – Light Yellow
- Aroma: Fresh, Minty
- Aroma Strength: Strong
- Benefits: Anti-microbial, Anti-Nausea, Digestive Health, Nervous System, Muscle and Joint, Respiratory Health
- Beneficial For: Digestive Issues, Muscle Soreness, Pain & Tightness, Headaches, Alertness, Focus, Energy, Sinus Issues,
- Uses: Massage, Aromatherapy
- Common Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Constituent Composition: Menthol, Menthone, Menthyl acetate, Neomenthol, 1,8-Cineole, Menthofuran
Things to Know About Peppermint Oil
Peppermint Oil Is Also Known As
Things to note about Peppermint Oil
- Peppermint oil is a very intense oil and is considered to be one of the most potent steam distilled oil in the world. Contains Menthol which can cause a cooling sensation.
- Peppermint oil is considered aphrodisiac. May help improve libido
How To Use Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil should be diluted prior to topical application.
- Topically – Generally a 2% Peppermint oil to 30 Fl oz carrier oil dilution ratio is recommended.
- Aromatically – Can be used in a diffuser or vaporizer.