Top 10 Rated Patchouli Essential Oil Brands
Patchouli Essential Oil Summary
All Patchouli Essential Oil Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Patchouli Essential Oil is a unique oil because of its ability to improve with age. Over time patchouli has grown in popularity because of its ability to improve skin health, being one of the best oils for acne, eczema, and inflammation. This oils properties may be able to improve the look of old scars and blemishes on the skin. Patchouli is well known for its anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties as well.
- Botanical Name: Pogostemon cablin
- Extracted From: Leaves
- Color: Dark Brown
- Aroma: Rich, Earthy, Woody, Slightly Fruity
- Aroma Strength: Medium
- Benefits: Skin health, Nervous system, Anti-fungal, Anti-Inflammatory
- Beneficial For: Meditation, Skin Care, Acne, Cracked/dry Skin, Mood, Anxiety, Stress, Aphrodisiac
- Uses: Massage, Aromatherapy
- Common Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Constituent Composition: Patchouli alcohol, a-Bulnesene, a-Guaiene, Seychellen, Gamma-Patchoulene, a-Patchoulene
Things to Know About Patchouli Oil
Patchouli Oil Is Also Known As
Things to note about Patchouli Oil
- Patchouli is considered to be an aphrodisiac helping to improve libido, sexual energy and flow.
How To Use Patchouli Essential Oil
Patchouli essential oil should be diluted prior to topical application.
- Topically – Generally a 2% Patchouli oil to 30 Fl oz carrier oil dilution ratio is recommended.
- Aromatically – Can be used in a diffuser or vaporizer.