Top 10 Rated Lavender Essential Oil Brands
Lavender Essential Oil Summary
All Lavender Essential Oil Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifolia) is well known for its soothing and relaxing properties, shown to alleviate anxiety, muscle tension, joint pain, muscle aches, headaches, depression, migraines, indigestion, and stress.
Essential oils are a form of herbal medicine. However, instead of supplementation of the entire herb, the essential oil is extracted from the fresh plant or herb through a compression extraction process.
Lavender essential oil is known as the “soother”, providing healing and calming benefits. Lavender oil contains powerful antioxidants too, reducing oxidative stress, anxiety, fatigue, and muscular pain.
Lavender essential oils are great for soothing, normalizing, and balancing. Great for relaxation, reading, studying, yoga, meditation, and stretching!
Lavender oil benefits benefits:
- Relaxes the body and reduces stress – Long work days, sleepless nights, and anxiety filled thoughts are somethings we can go without. Lavender oil helps to relax the body, helping to bring stress hormones back to baseline.
- Promotes restful sleep – Lavender oil can help you get a deeper, more energizing rest.
- Soothes headaches and migraines
- Healthy skin – Its antioxidant properties can help bring a bright healthy shine to your skin.
- Healthy hair – Lavender can help bring that fresh, clean, shiny look to your hair without the use of harsh chemicals or shampoos.
- Supports hormone balance
- Improves the healing of wounds, cuts, and burns
- Helps to relieve muscle tension – Lavender oil is perfect for deep muscle massages.
- Fights anxiety and depression
- Helps to combat mood changes, low energy, lack of motivation, fatigue, depression, hopelessness, and social withdrawal.
- Improve blood flow – Helps to improve blood circulation throughout the body, improving mood, energy, and baseline mood.
- Neuro-psychiatric properties – shown to have positive effects on cognitive function and mood. Improve focus, concentration, and overall wellbeing.
- Decrease diastolic blood pressure
- Sinus clearance
- Improve nighttime sleep
- Mood enhancer – lavender essential oil is said to improve mood, correlated with the feeling of “happiness”
- Reduces inflammation
- Antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antifungal
Things to Know About Lavender Oil
Lavender Oil Is Also Known As
Lavandula angustifolia, Lavandula officinalis
Things to note about Lavender Oil
“What ingredients should be in my lavender essential oil?”
The best lavender essential oils are made using organically farmed lavender. Most best sellers use lower quality herbs so if quality and overall effectiveness is important to you, make sure to purchase organic lavender oil only. Lavender essential oils should contain only 1 ingredient : therapeutic grade organic lavender.
“What is lavender oil, and why should I try it?”
Lavender oil is made from compressing the lavender plant, typically from the flower and not the roots/stems. Lavender oil’s aroma is great for yoga, stretching, meditation, and overall relaxation.
“How is lavender oil different than other essential oils?”
Every essential oil provides different benefits. Similar to herbal supplements or vitamins, each plant/herb provides unique benefits. Lavender is great for bringing a soothing, clean, and relaxing vibe to the room.
“Does my lavender essential oil need to be organic?”
When buying lavender essential oil its recommneded by most health care practinitors to purchase from high quality brands that use therapeutic grade and organic ingredients. Lower quality herbs are often sprayed with chemcials.
How To Use Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil does not require dilution and is suitable for topical use and regarded as safe for children.
- Lavender oil can be added to creams, massage oils, and cosmetics.
- Can be taken as a tincture or used topically
- Can be added into baths for detox and more relaxation
- Apply to cuts, wounds, burns for pain soothing and faster healing.
One or two drops are plenty for most purposes.
- Massage aromatherapy – 1 – 10 mL of lavender essential oil can be added to 25 mL of a carrier oil like olive, coconut or jojoba oil.
- Aromatic – Diffuse three to four drops if any diffuser of your choice.