Top 10 Rated Hyaluronic Acid Supplement Brands
Hyaluronic Acid Summary
All Hyaluronic Acid Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Hyaluronic Acid is a molecule made naturally in the body that assists with the lubrication of joints and other connective tissues. It is found primarily in the synovial fluid of joints and the vitreous humor of the eye, and therefore has been used as a supplement to improve joint health and certain eye irritations.
In addition, hyaluronic acid has also been found to aid in healing cases of gingivitis and skin ulcers when combined with standard treatment, since hyaluronic acid is a component of the gums and the space between skin cells.
Research strongly supports use of a hyaluronic acid injection into joints for the best results. Studies using eye drops and sprays have also reported significant results when compared to only using a standard treatment. While evidence has shown that taking hyaluronic acid orally improved symptoms over time, it’s ability to be absorbed in the intestines has yet to be confirmed.
Hyaluronic Acid Benefits:
- Improves symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Improves dry eye symptoms
- Reduces complications from gingivitis
- Aids in healing skin wounds and ulcers
Things To Know About Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic Acid Is Also Known As
Glycosaminoglycan, Hyaluran, Sodium Hyaluronate
Things To Note About Hyaluronic Acid
- Some joint supplements only contain a certain percentage of hyaluronic acid. When considering a supplement, it is important to determine if the formula is only hyaluronic acid or a blend of ingredients.
- The only known side effect of taking oral hyaluronic acid has been a minor rash.
How To Take Hyaluronic Acid
Recommended Hyaluronic Acid Dosage, Active Amounts, Other Details
- Typical dosage ranges from 80-200mg daily
- Eye drops have been used 3 times per day containing .1-.4% sodium hyaluronate