Top 10 Echinacea Supplements
Echinacea Rankings | Highest Rated Brands
All Echinacea Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Echinacea purpurea commonly known as the purple coneflower is a herb traditionally used 400 years ago by the Great Plains Indian tribes for its ability to help prevent and treat common colds.
Today its still supplemented for its ability to boost immune system health to help prevent the oncoming of a cold or to reduce the duration of a cold.
- Helps fight brain cancer
- Boosts immune system health cutting the chances of catching a cold by nearly 58%
- Reduces common cold duration by 1 and a half days.
- Alleviates pains like stomach cramps, sore throats, digestion pains, toothaches.
- A natural laxative
- Improves mental health – helps anxiety, focus, depression
- Fights infections
Things to Know About Echinacea
Echinacea Is Also Known As
Purple coneflower herb, Echinacea purpurea, E. angustifolia, E. pallida, Coneflower, Red sunflower
Things to note about Echinacea
- Echinacea is usually taken at the first sign of a cold and continued for 7 to 14 days. Long term use of enhinacea is not recommend.
- The best supplements proven to help fight/prevent colds use E. purpurea (specifically, flowers, leaves and stems); E. pallida root has also shown promise, but E. purpurea root appears to be ineffective.
How To Take Echinacea
Recommended Echinacea dosage, active amounts, other details
Echinacea powdered extract – 300 mg 3 times a day
Echinacea Alcohol tincture – (1:5) is usually taken at a dosage of 3 to 4 ml 3 times daily
Whole echinacea dried root – 1 to 2 g 3 times daily.