Top 10 Best D-Aspartic Acid Supplement Brands
D-Aspartic Acid Summary
All D-Aspartic Acid Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
D-Aspartic acid is one form of the amino acid aspartic acid. D-aspartic acid is produced in the body, specifically in the pituitary gland in the brain and testes.
Studies show that d-aspartic acid increases the release of several hormones including: Prolactin, luteinising hormone, growth hormone.
Supplementation of d-aspartic acid can be used as a short term testosterone booster.
Increasing testosterone levels to amounts greater than what is normal for you when combined with exercise will improve lean muscle tissue, muscle size, strength, and endurance, therefore enhancing athletic performance.
Expect to see faster and greater lean muscle gains, increased strength, and power output during training.
Things to Know About D-Aspartic Acid
D-Aspartic Acid Is Also Known As
D-AA, D-Aspartate, DAA
Things to note about D-Aspartic Acid
The average product recorded 3g of D-Aspartic Acid per serving. BulkSupplements Pure D-Aspartic Acid recorded the highest D-Aspartic Acid content in this category, measuring 3.5g d-aspartic acid per serving.
- 7 of 10 products recorded no artificial flavoring, fillers, or preservatives. 3 products recorded Silica the preservative used to prevent clumping, making it the most often occurring filler ingredient in d-aspartic acid supplements.
- No products reviewed had any artificial coloring agents. These controversial additives were not found within these products. Single ingredient D-AA products were found to be relatively pure.
- Research shows that the effective dose for D-aspartic acid is between 2,000 – 3,000mg.
- Onlinestrength based its efficacy calculations on the effective d-aspartic acid dose in each product. Calculations were based off of clinical research studies. Products that had an effective amount of D-AA per serving ranked higher. When other ingredients (additives, fillers, etc) were present, other factors were utilized to properly rank products.
- Average d-aspartic acid dosage ranged from 3g to 3.5g per serving with the average product recording 3g per serving.
- Typical supplementation protocol includes a daily dose of 2 – 3 grams. D-AA is not timing-dependent. Further research is needed to establish whether or not d-aa needs to be cycled on and off.
- D-aspartic acid can be supplemented on its own or as part of a pre-workout stack.
- Short term usage of D-aspartic acid may increase testosterone temporarily.
- D-aspartic acids efficacy in aiding male fertility, boosting testosterone, strength, and overall performance depends on a variety of factors, including your age, fitness level, general health, and proper supplementation. Research studies show evidence of benefit in cognitive function and temporary testosterone increases. However, d-aspartic acid does not seem to improve lean body mass, body composition, or power output. An increase in testosterone may lead to performance benefits such as increases in strength, muscle gains, and body weight.
- D-Aspartic Acid works best when taken separately to ensure proper dosing. Products that contain D-AA in combination with other workout supplements tend to be under-dosed and not effective. For best results purchase D-AA in its raw form and supplement it along side your other supplements.
How To Take D-Aspartic Acid
Recommended D-Aspartic Acid dosage, active amounts, other details
Standard daily dosage of D-aspartic acid is between 2,000 mg – 3,000 mg. D-aspartic acid should be taken daily for best results.