Top 6 Chamomile Supplement Brands
|02||Herb Pharm Fresh Flower Chamomile Extract|
|03||Nature’s Way Chamomile Flowers|
|05||Planetary Herbals Chamomile Sleep|
All Chamomile Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Chamomile is a plant that is a member of the Asteraceae/Compositae family. The plant is native to Europe and western Asia. The flower contains most of the beneficial properties and is used medicinally.
Chamomile is widely used throughout the world. Its primarily used for its sedative, anxiolytic, and antispasmodic properties, and as a treatment skin irritations and inflammation.
Chamomile contains three main active constituents called chamazulene, apigenin, and bisabolol which are said to be responsible for most of chamomiles beneficial effects.
- Anxiety – Chamomile acts as natures cure to anxiety, particularly anxiety that causes sleeplessness. Chamomiles anti-anxiety properties are said to come from the herb’s calming compounds.
- Skin irritations – Studies show that applying chamomile to the irritated skin can help increase healing time . Studies also show that chamomile can be an effective treatment for eczema.
- Teeth and mouth health – Chamomile may help to sooth the pain associated with toothaches, cancer sores, wounds, and toothaches. In addition chamomile helps to fight harmful bacteria in the mouth.
- Wound Healing – May help improve the rate at which your wounds heal.
- Canker Sores – Chamomile is said to help sooth the lining of the mouth, reducing pain.
- Eye irritation – Chamomile may help to sooth eye inflammation.
- Stomach pain – Chamomile’s anti-inflammation properties may help reduce pain associated with Crohn’s Disease and other stomach related discomforts.
- Insomnia – Chamomile is mildly sedative which may help individuals who are suffering from sleeplessness.
- Cramping – Chamomiles oils are said to help relieve diarrhea and constipation.
Things to Know About Chamomile
Chamomile Is Also Known As
Things to note about Chamomile
- Chamomile is listed on the FDA’s GRAS (generally recognized as safe) list.
- Chamomile is natures great aid for most minor health issues such as allergies, digsestive issues, inflamation, and pain.
- When buying chamomile your first inclination may be to purchase a tea, however, extracts and dried powders are said to provide the most antioxidants.
How To Take Chamomile
Recommended Chamomile dosage, active amounts, other details
Chamomile supplements should be taken according to label instructions for best results.