Top 10 Rated Caprylic Acid Supplement Brands
Caprylic Acid Summary
All Caprylic Acid Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Caprylic Acid is an 8-carbon, medium chain saturated fatty acid that is one of the components of coconut oil and MCT oil. It can also be found in human breast milk and, to a lesser degree, in cow’s milk. While saturated fat commonly has a negative dietary connotation, the fats in foods such as coconut oil including caprylic acid have several known health benefits.
Caprylic acid is known for preventing overgrowth of yeast, particularly in the intestines. Additionally, it can prevent the growth of harmful bacteria in the gut, which promotes the proliferation of good bacteria essential for proper digestion.
Preliminary research suggests that caprylic acid can also reduce acne due to its antibacterial properties. Some research also suggests that caprylic acid can help relieve symptoms of inflammatory bowel diseases.
Caprylic Acid Benefits:
- Has antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Prevents yeast infections
- Helps to balance pH levels in the body
- May reduce acne symptoms
- Things To Know About Caprylic Acid
Things To Know About Caprylic Acid
Caprylic Acid Is Also Known As
Things To Note About Caprylic Acid
- Food sources like coconut oil can provide beneficial doses of caprylic acid, but it can also b taken in pill form.
- Intake of large daily doses of caprylic acid may result in bowel discomfort.
How To Take Caprylic Acid
Recommended Caprylic Acid Dosage, Active Amounts, Other Details
- Typical dosage of caprylic acid is 500-1,000mg daily, taken either by pill or through food.