Top 10 Rated Caffeine Pill Brands
How We Found The Best Caffeine Supplement
Onlinestrength analyzed 10 best-selling caffeine supplements in the United States for caffeine and fillers ingredients, excipients, and artificial substances.
All Caffeine Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Caffeine is a super powerful stimulant that does comes from coffee beans, however the supplemental or synthetic form of caffeine found in caffeine pills, pre-workouts supplements, or powders is one of the most effective and extensively researched nootropic.
- Research shows that caffeine provides mental stimulation allowing for thoughts to become more focused. This improves mental fatigue and cognitive function.
- Studies show that caffeine can also boost muscle strength, endurance, and delay muscle fatigue during exercise.
- Caffeine inhibits adenosine which is responsive for making us feel relaxed and lethargic.
Caffeine known scientifically as 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine binds to your adenosine receptors inhibiting adenosine production. When your body releases the chemical adenosine, it makes it way to the brain where it binds to receptors, signalling fatigue.
Caffeine prevents this fatigue signal from occurring causing you to me more alert, energized, and focused.
Things to Know About Caffeine
Caffeine is Also Known As
Coffee extract, 1, 3, 7-Trimethylxanthine
Things to note about Caffeine
The average caffeine supplement recorded 200mg of caffeine per serving. This range of caffeine gives users the majority of benefits caffeine has to offer.
- Caffeine is a compound extracted straight from coffee beans.
- Diminishing returns occur when taking caffeine over a prolonged period of time. Increasing the amount of caffeine you take does not beat tolerance build up. The only way overcome a tolerance is to take a month long break.
Efficacy ratings were highly correlated to the amount of caffeine in each product's serving.
- Caffeine supplementation has been shown to be highly effective in increasing energy, cognitive function, focus, motivation, and exercise performance in serving sizes of 100mg or more. Lower dosages have moderate effects depending on your tolerance. 9 of 10 products Onlinestrength reviewed fell within the range of 100-200mg of caffeine/serving, comparable to 2 cups of coffee.
- Your body will build up a tolerance to caffeine with habitual use. This will dull the benefits you get from taking caffeine.
- Caffeine takes up to 45minutes to fully 'activate'. Slight differences depending on formulation of caffeine and method of supplementation.
How to Take Caffeine
Recommended Caffeine dosage, active amounts, other details
There is no standard caffeine dosage. Caffeine has a different effect on every individuals. Some need more, some need less. Start with smaller serving sizes to find what your tolerance level is.
Typically 100 mg – 400 mg is used for fitness and fat burning benefits. This is typically the range of caffeine you would find in caffeine pills and/or pre-workout supplements.