Top 10 Rated Bergamot Essential Oil Brands
Bergamot Essential Oil Summary
All Bergamot Essential Oil Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
Bergamot Essential Oil (Citrus Bergamia) is known for its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, skin clearing properties. Bergamot oil is also used for its mood enhancing, anxiety fighting and confidence boosting effects.
- Botanical Name: Citrus bergamia
- Extracted From: Bergamot Rind (Peel)
- Color: Green/Golden
- Aroma: Fresh, Citrusy, Floral, Sweet
- Aroma Strength: Medium
- Benefits: Acne, Anxiety, Skin Conditions, Cold Sores, Depression, Anxiety, Appetite, Stress
- Beneficial For: Depression, Sadness, Acne, Skin Irritations, Emotional Pain, Digestive issues, Anti-Depressant, Oily Skin, Coughs
- Uses: Perfumes, Insect repellent, aromatherapy
- Common Extraction Method: Cold Pressed or Steam Distilled
- Constituent Composition: Limonene, Linalyl acetate, Linalool, Sabinene, Gamma-Terpinene, Bergapten
Things to Know About Bergamot Oil
Bergamot Oil Is Also Known As
Things to note about Bergamot Oil
- Avoid sun exposer without the use of sunscreen when using bergamot oil topically.
How To Use Bergamot Essential Oil
Bergamot essential oil should be diluted prior to any topical applications.
- Internally – Studies suggest that bergamot oil is safe when added to food or topically in very small amounts.
- Topically – Bergamot oil is highly phototoxic and should be used with care when exposed to strong sun light. Dilution is crucial when applying to skin
- Aromatically – Can be used in a diffuser or vaporizer. Bergamot oil's aroma can instantly boost positivity.