Top 10 Rated 5-HTP Supplement Brands
All 5-HTP Benefits/Effects/Facts & Information
5-HTP is a direct pre-cursor to serotonin. 5-HTP crosses the blood brain barrier giving it access to the central nervous system where serotonin production occurs.
The body uses 5-HTP to make serotonin, supplementation of 5-HTP helps to raise the serotonin levels.
Increasing serotonin in the body can have a wide range of health benefits:
- Promotes the increase of deep sleep, while relieving pain
- Helps prevent migraine headaches
- Decreases the discomfort and pain of fibromyalgia
- Improves sleep quality
- Reduces anxiety
- Weight loss
Things to Know About 5-HTP
5-HTP Is Also Known As
Things to note about 5-HTP
- 5-HTP increases satiety (feeling of satisfying hunger) from food intake.
- 5-HTP Increases serotonin, a calming neurotransmitter which can help individuals suffering from anxiety
How to Take 5-HTP
Recommended 5-HTP dosage, active amounts, other details
5-HTP dosages range from 300mg – 900 mg.
For depression – 300 mg daily in divided doses of 100 mg.
For headaches or migraines – 400 – 600 mg (divided doses, start with smaller dosages to test effectiveness)
For weight loss – 900 mg (300 mg three times a day) taken with a smaller meal as 5-htp increases satiety.
For fibromyalgia – 300 mg daily (100 mg three times daily)